Monday, April 17, 2006

Happy Anniversary, M :-)


Has it already been 1 year? How time flies when you are in love and have fun!

Today, April 17, you emerged from behind the doors at Konopiste Castle near Prague, Czech Republic, flanked by your parents and walked down the aisle to become my wife.

I can still see you - slightly wet in the eyes - unsure of what's going to happen during our Jewish ceremony yet sure of wanting to get married.

I can still remember the thought that ran through my mind when I saw you coming towards me: boy, must the angels in heaven be jealous today! Yes, honey, an angel you were that day - gorgeous, radiant, beautiful - I am running out of adjectives!

We were so afraid of what's going to happen at the ceremony - remember? Would the Rabbi show up! Would you be able to do the tradition of the veil - would we spill wine on your dress (ok that was MY biggest fear!).

But like so many obstacles we faced in the 3 1/2 years we are together now - we managed that one too!

When the ceremony was finally over - I felt all the worries and concerns of the last year of planning this wedding fall off your shoulders. The worst was over!

All that was left was to party the night away with our families and friends.

Yes, we didn't get to eat off our buffet, yes we didn't get to really taste our cake (though you DID get me good ) and yes, we totally botched our couple dance.

But who cares?

We spent the best day of your life together as man and wife. In Love. Celebrating this love with others we love. Nothing can beat that!

In the year since we had plenty of difficulties and obstacles to face. We had numerous fights, arguments and "marital discussions". We called each other names, we stormed out of rooms and we looked for things throw (thank you for not finding any!).

But we always kissed and made up - we always said "I love you" before we went to sleep.

May we fight and argue for 100 years to come. As long as we don't forget to say


I LOVE YOU!

No comments: